« Home | Can't Let This One Go Unnoticed » | St. Hild(a): Abbess and Peacemaker » | Martin of Tours » | Vietnamese Martyrs » | Stunned and hurting » | Concert at the Abbey Saturday night! » | Because it is fun to say.... » | I guess I should make cobbler? » | Feast du jour » | Teaser »

2 Major Playas

No one was around last night (Tuesday) to celebrate (saint) C.S. Lewis' feast day, but a few of us did manage to fry up some fish and chips and enjoy Fuller's famous ESB. We also read a brief snippet from "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" in referrence to Aslan's magical return to life. My favorite line: "the children couldn't tell whether they were playing with a thunderbolt or a kitten" (or something to that effect - I don't have the book with me right now).

I will be working another late shift tonight, and will miss an even more important feast day for the Abbey -- St. Columbanus. He was the first Celtic missionary to travel straight into Europe proper, establishing monastic communities in Burgundy, Austria and even Italy. An important apostolic figure who gets very little attention in most church history surveys. Check out this fantastic link I discovered today...

|